Thursday, March 19, 2015

Tropical Smoothie


For the past 3 months, I've been taking some Jazzercise classes.  If you lived in the 90's, I am sure you think you know what I am talking about.  I can assure you this is nothing like the Jazzercise of my teenage years.  This Jazzercise is a serious workout. It's like Zumba and Bootcamp classes merged together and had a really happy, calories burning baby.  I've burned up to 600 calories in an hour, and been so sore the next day I hoped I wouldn't need to use my arms for anything more than brushing my teeth.  I get super thirsty during and after theses classes, and you can only drink so much water before you feel like you are going to float away.  


I thought about drinking some coconut water to help with the hydration, but I am not really a fan of it.  However, I do like the hint of coconut flavor it gives to smoothies.  Pairing it with some pineapple and banana, seemed like a genius idea and so this smoothie was born!  I used Vanilla Shakeology, but I think the Vegan Tropical Strawberry or Regular Strawberry would probably work as well.  My favorite cocktail is a mix of Strawberry daiquiri and Pina Colada, and since this smoothie tastes like a Pina Colada, I am pretty confident in my strawberry suggestion.  In fact, next time I may add some strawberries!


Ingredients
1 packet Vanilla Shakeology
1/3 cup frozen banana (about half a small banana)
2/3 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup coconut water

Directions
Combine the ingredients in a blender.  Blend until smooth.  

For a sweeter smoothie, increase the amount of banana.  I found that 1/2 a frozen banana was a lot sweeter than I thought it would be.  I will probably use less banana, and more pineapple next time for a stronger pineapple flavor. 


21 Day Fix Conversion:
1 red, 1 purple







No comments:

Post a Comment