Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sandwich night

In honor of the first entry, I went with something easy tonight...sandwiches.  The sandwich obsession began the other day when I was reading an article The Nest about easy sandwiches.


So, I decided tonight was the night.  Feeling extra daring, I decided on a french dip sandwich...mostly because roast beef was on sale at the store.  Also, I had read an article about soaking roast beef in french onion soup (I can not remember where I read it, but I do admit is was not my idea) and I happened to come across gluten free french onion soup.  Got to love the Pacific brand!  So here we go...

You will need:
Roast beef of your choice.  I figure two slices per sandwich
Cheese of choice.  I got provolone.
Bread
French Onion soup.  I used the Pacific brand that comes in the cardboard box.

Simmer the roast beef and soup over low heat until the are both warm.  For me that is #3 on the stove setting for the same amount of time it takes Jeff to get home from school...about 30 minutes.  I assume you could also just heat the soup in the microwave and the let the beef soak in it for a few minutes, but time wasn't an issue for me.

Place 2 pieces of bread on a pan (or in your toaster oven) and top with the cheese.  Broil until melted and gooey.  Top with the soup soaked beef and serve with extra soup on the side for dipping.


That's what's for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment