Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beer Brats

I have had a few comments about my lack of posting the past few days, so here you all go.

Beer Brats!  I made these for Jeff a few weeks ago, and he keeps mentioning them.

You will need:
One package of brats.  I used the Target brand tonight and I was pleasantly surprised.  Johnsonville spicy brats are also really good.
1 medium yellow onion, cut into thick slices
1 bottle beer.  I use Bard's Beer.  It is a gluten free beer that is awesome for cooking!
Bun of your choice
Cheese of your choice
Spicy Brown Mustard
Olive oil

Coat the bottom of a deep frying pan with a thin layer of olive oil.  Cook the onions and brats over medium heat for a few minutes until the casings brown.  Add the entire bottle of beer and allow the brats to simmer over medium low heat until the brats are cooked through.  This is a perfect time to cook some tater tots in your oven.


Serve on a toasted bun with cheese and spicy brown mustard.  You don't have to eat the onions, but you would be making a mistake :)

That's what's for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment