Friday, February 27, 2015

Chunky Monkey Shake

My two favorite foods are chocolate and peanut butter.  The sweet and salty combination is the ultimate in comfort foods.  Spring is made even better by the chocolate peanut butter eggs that come out around Easter.  I don't let myself buy those though, because I could tear through an entire package in an afternoon and not even realize it.  Instead, I make my favorite shake- the Chunky Monkey.


It's just sweet enough that it satisfies a dessert craving, but it's healthy enough for a snack or post workout recovery drink.  Am I the only one who works out just for the recovery shakes?  It is super easy to make.  I keep frozen bananas in the freezer, and I make sure to always have an endless supply of peanut butter.  I also have my Shakeology on Home Direct, so it shows up every month like clock work.  

Ingredients:
1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
1 tbsp peanut nutter
1 banana, frozen
1 cup water

Directions:
Add the water, Shakeology, peanut butter and banana to a blender.  Blend until smooth.  Enjoy!

Sometimes, if I am extra organized, I will remember to make a cup of coffee the night before. Then I swap the water for the cold coffee.  It tastes just like a frappuccino, and it makes mornings a little more tolerable.  

21 Day Fix Conversion: 1 red, 1 purple (depending on the size of your banana), 4 tsp.




No comments:

Post a Comment