Monday, February 23, 2015

Berry Beet Banana Smoothie

I have not been eating as well as I should be lately.  We've been stuck in the house for over a week from a big ice storm and below freezing temps.  Healthy food is the last thing I want when I am cold and bored.  This morning I woke up and decided it was time to get back on track.  My favorite way to clean up my diet is with a smoothie. I love this gorgeous pink smoothie as a mid morning snack! It's also a great way to sneak some veggies in a picky eater. 

Ingredients:
1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology *
1 diced beet, peeled and frozen,
3-4 frozen strawberries (or 1/2 purple mixed berries)
1/2 banana, frozen
1 cup water

Blend the ingredients until smooth. For a thinner texture, add more water.


*substitute unsweetened greek yogurt and a tsp of vanilla extract if you don't have any Shakeology.

21 Day Fix Conversion: 1 red, 1 green, 1-2 purples (depending on how much fruit you use)





No comments:

Post a Comment