Saturday, December 29, 2012

Sweet Potato Pancakes- a Leftovers Recipe

We have so much food leftover from the holidays!  Between Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I feel like we will never have to go to the grocery story again (actually, that is a lie- I went today to get ingredients to make new things with the left overs).  My husband is pretty good about leftovers- as long as I mix them up a bit.  Tomorrow we are going to have bean soup (with leftover ham and potatoes), and we have been eating Turkey and Dressing for days.  I also made a big batch of Macaroni and Cheese with leftover cheese cubes.  This morning I felt it was time to do something with the sweet potatoes.  I made my Candied Sweet Potatoes in Orange Cups for Christmas day, I felt sure there was something exciting I could do with the leftovers.  Enter, Pancakes.  These were amazing.  I would probably make more sweet potatoes to make these pancakes again.



You Will Need:
1 Serving Candied Sweet Potatoes in Orange Cups , orange cups discarded or 1 cup left over sweet potatoes
1/2 cup Bisquick (I used the gluten free Bisquick)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg

Directions:
Mash the sweet potatoes in a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients.  Coat a skillet with cooking spray and drop spoonfuls of the batter on the hot pan.  The batter is thicker than regular pancake batter, so you might have to spread it out with the back of a spoon.

Don't eat it straight from the bowl- there is raw egg!

Cook a few minutes per side over medium heat, flipping with the pancake begins to puff up.  Serves 2.  My husband ate the whole batch by himself.  At 15 grams of protein, and 430 calories (plus the butter and syrup), he was certainly full- but he really enjoyed them.

Nutritional Information per serving as calculated by My Fitness Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment