Monday, August 29, 2011

PB&J Oatmeal

So yesterday, I tempted your palette with Cinnamon Raisin Oatmeal.  Today, I was not planning on making oatmeal again, but alas I haven't been to the store in a while...and we are out of all of our farmer's market finds...and I am super hungry.  Since I am about to go work out, and it is 100 degree's outside, I felt like the milk in a regular shake might be a bad idea.  Since I had exactly 1/2 a cup of oats left...oatmeal it is.  But I had to do something different....

You will need:
1 cup water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 scoops Body by Vi shake mix (If you don't have this, I can tell you how to order)
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 TBSP natural peanut butter

Directions:

Bring the water, salt, and frozen strawberries to a boil.  Add the oats and shake mix, mixing until smooth.  Simmer until thickened.  Stir in the peanut butter.

I have been a Snack-asaurus all day long, and I am finally full.  If you don't dig the peanut butter (but trust me, it is good) you can leave it out and still have a yummy Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal.


That's What's For Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment